Sunday 27 January 2013

...crocheted cushion covers.

Sometimes (most times indeed) I like to make things out of stuff I have found, scavenged, been given etc (more on that soon). However, sometimes you want to treat yourself to something new and exceptionally lovely to work with. This was one of those times. I had a hankering for some cotton to crochet some cushion covers with and after much searching, visiting many wool shops and nearly everywhere online I settled upon Debbie Bliss Cotton in a beautiful turquoise . I know - good name coincidence eh?

As you can see from the picture it is a beautiful colour and you will have to take it from me it feels just as lovely. It was a real treat, a little bit more than I would usually spend but worth every penny. I was in making raptures for the whole project.

(Just to stick to my repurposing roots the black cover the crochet is stitched to is made from an old sofa cover and the buttons came from an old coat)

Maybe my reverence for the materials or maybe something else explains why they have taken me so damned long to get finished! Seriously I have had these on the go for an age and they were a long standing member of the job pile.

That is all behind me now. They are done and I love them.

Off to gracefully lie around on my gorgeous cushions....




1 comment: