Tuesday 25 January 2011

... orange cushion covers


As previously discussed I am a shocker for starting things and then not finishing them for ages. I have sort of accepted this as part of my 'creative flow' but never the less this lovely pair of orange cushion covers really do take the biscuit. I started these a long long time ago. Like so long ago I had just started writing this blog. The problem with this philosophy is that if I had finished them earlier I would have been enjoying them for longer. Anyway as it is I have them now and absolutely LOVE them.

They are made from a really chunky wool which was lovely to work with and I loved making them. What I did not love as much was making the orange fabric cushion covers to sew them to. I had to dye the fabric as I could not get any the right colour but worst all they have zips in. Zips are my nemesis (well in truth they vie with buttonholes for that particular honour) and these were no exception. Seriously I am glad you cannot see them and more importantly I am glad my Mum has not seen them - she was a needlework teacher (hence my love of all things sewing and craft) and she would seriously doubt me if she saw the state of them. Mental note - hide cushions from Mum next time she comes over!

1 comment:

  1. You don't need to hide your cushions just remember that my crocheting skills are very limited and yours are superb. Zips and buttonholes aren't my favourite procedures either

    ReplyDelete